Please feel free to print, copy, post, and/or use these resources for educational, non-commercial purposes, giving credit to the Illinois Valley Community College Writing Center.
We offer several dozen handouts on topics such as the parts of an essay, grammar and punctuation, documentation of sources, writing an annotated bibliography, and writing essay exams and short-answer essay questions. Rather than creating a handout from scratch, you can modify one of ours. The handouts are available at the link above (and hard copies are available in the Writing Center).
- Overview and resources for APA style for students: APA Style Introduction
- Overview and resources for MLA style for students: MLA Style Introduction
- Fall 2018 In-service Sway Presentation
- Writing Assignments–Concerns and Helpful Hints for Non-English Instructors
- Items to Consider for Rubrics